Two of the primary factors when validating a claim are damage consistency and causation. Detailed analysis can allow determination of:
- If the vehicles have come into contact.
- If the magnitude of damage was consistent between the vehicles.
- The orientation of the vehicles when they collided.
- The number of times they collided.
- If one vehicle was stationary at the point of impact.
- The speed and direction of the vehicles at the point of impact.
- If the vehicles were braking when the collision occurred.
- If there was any unrelated damage or additional damage.
- The pre-impact condition and roadworthiness of the vehicles.
GBB can either perform a desktop based analysis of the available evidence or carry out a forensic examination of the vehicle(s).