Working with the manufacturer to secure exclusive access to state of the art technology, GBB Experts can now capture freeze frame data from accident damaged vehicles’ electronic control modules anywhere in Mainland UK!
How Does It Work
- A portable device images stored on-board-diagnostic (OBD) fault codes and freeze frame data from a vehicle’s electronic control modules.
- GBB are able to image all electronic control modules on a vehicle’s controller area network (CAN bus)
- The digital data stored can be useful for the investigation of road traffic accidents and vehicle crime.
- The device will not modify electronic control module parameters and recovered data is stored in an encrypted file.
- The majority of UK vehicle models are supported.
What Could It Tell You
Using the fault codes generated by component failure occurring in an accident, the download can provide information relating to the following areas:-
- Vehicle Speed at the time the component failed
- Engine temperature at the time the component failed
- The time of the component failure
- Pre-existing fault codes present prior to the collision taking place
- ABS Activity
- Airbag Deployment
- Seat-belt pre-tensioner deployment
- Steering direction
- Automatic gear box settings
- Confirmation of the vehicle identity
- Crash data retrieval for large and catastrophic collision investigation and reconstruction
- Staged collision investigation
- Collision severity
- Stolen vehicle or component identification
For more information, please contact us.