- Motor Vehicle Examination & Testing for Police Officers, Accrington and Rossendale College, 1982.
- Accident Investigation, Lancashire Constabulary, 1992
- Road Accident Investigation for Police Officers, City and Guilds, 1992.
- Vehicle Prohibition Officer, VOSA, 1997
- Autocrime Investigator Programme, Institute of the Motor Industry, 2009.
- Holder of a Police Class 1 Advanced Driving certificate, LGV licence (C+E), PVC licence (C+E) and motorcycle licence.
- Previous member of the Lancashire Constabulary’s Accident Investigation Unit
A former police officer, Stuart has over 27 years’ experience of road traffic collisions, including 13 years dedicated to the Lancashire Constabulary’s Accident Investigation Unit and the Eastern Division Road Policing Unit.
Stuart was the Senior Investigating Officer for serious and fatal collisions and has investigated all types of Road Traffic Collisions, from non-injury collisions to multi-fatal motorway accidents.
A qualified vehicle examiner, Stuart routinely inspects vehicles and uses damage patterns to consider consistencies, forces and the circumstances of the incident. He is actively involved in research into the effects of low speed impacts at GBB (UK) Ltd.
Staurt is trained and experienced in giving authoratative, independent expert evidence to Criminal, Civil and Coroners’ Courts.