Head Office: Crown House, Bridgewater Close, Network 65, Burnley, BB11 5TE
Tel: 0345 2 577 677
- City & Guilds ‘Technician certificate – Motor Vehicle Studies’
- City & Guilds ‘Craft certificate – Motor Vehicle Studies’
- City & Guilds ‘Tachograph Calibration and Chart Analysis’
- City & Guilds ‘Vehicle Examination for Police Purposes’
- Scotec Part I & II ‘Motor Vehicle Principles and Technology’
- Diploma certificate ‘Forensic Accident Investigation and Reconstruction Techniques’
Ronald is a qualified motor mechanic with experience in the repair of private and commercial vehicles with a sound understanding of the materials and techniques used in their construction.
He has attended many hundreds of collisions shortly after their occurrence, ranging in severity from non-injury impacts to fatal collisions. He has used this invaluable experience in ascertaining how various vehicles, construction techniques and materials behave on impact.
A former police officer and qualified Traffic Patrol Officer, Ronald has attended courses in electronic chassis management; air bag and passenger restraints and ABS diagnostics; and Motorcycling Handling and Dynamics.
He is trained in the use of VASCAR, Radar, Laser, Police pilot and speed detection devices; as well as Police approved Tactical Pursuit and Containment Techniques. Ronald has attended the AI Damage operators course and is trained in plan drawing techniques and use of Topcon and Trimble surveying equipment.
He is involved in on-going research dealing with occupant movement and the likelihood of injury at given speeds, the effects on the vehicles in terms of damage and the attempt to define a threshold speed for neck strain injuries in comparison to other international studies.
He is experienced in giving evidence to Criminal, Civil and Coroners’ Courts and is accepted as an expert witness for these purposes.