- Diploma in Automotive Engineering Management
- Advanced Automotive Engineer
- Fire Investigation
- City & Guilds Certificate in Information Technology
- Thatcham Estimating Methods
- Audatex Estimating
- RAC Engineer Accreditation
- Car Body Alignment
- Paint and Plastics Repairs
- Paint Update
- Electric / Hybrid Vehicle Awareness Level 1
- Member of the Institute of the Motor Industry
- Member of the Institute of Road Transport Engineers
- Member of the Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors
Malcolm Sladden is a Consultant Automotive Engineer employed by GBB. Following his early career in the motor industry, he has been employed as an independent expert for seventeen years, a staff engineer with a major insurer for five years and an accident investigator for three years.
His is widely experienced in determining the consistency and compatibility of crash damage sustained by vehicles which are reported to have collided with one another, and the effect of the transferal of energy of such impacts.
Mr Sladden’s experience covers collision investigation, damage cost assessment, vehicle valuations, assessment of diminution in value, and fire investigation. He routinely physically examines vehicles and assesses the damage sustained and considers the consistency of the damage with the laws of physics and the incident circumstances.
He routinely physically examines vehicles, assesses the damage sustained, and considers the consistency of the damage with the laws of physics and the incident circumstances.
He has been trained in vehicle fire investigation by Park Lodge International.
Mr Sladden has given evidence in court for civil proceedings, working with many major UK solicitors, insurance companies, and fleet operators.